Thursday, March 20, 2014

Symptoms

Symptoms of Lyme vary somewhat depending on the individual and how the Lyme is affecting their body. In an earlier post I shared a little about the beginning symptoms I had; in this post I want to go into greater detail so that you will have a better idea of what can happen the longer you go undiagnosed.

FATIGUE - MAJOR FATIGUE
I have always loved sleeping and I am a mama of three so an amount of fatigue and sleep deprivation is expected, but not like what I felt. I had hardly any energy and felt like sleeping a lot.

MUSCLE PAIN
The muscle pain I experienced was a deep pain mainly in my arms and legs. The pain was pretty much constant and got worse the longer I went untreated.

TREMORS
The tremors I experienced were primarily in my right leg. My leg has had small tremors throughout the years whenever my back would be in pain, but they usually were brief and could be settled with some stretching or rest. The tremors that accompanied the Lyme would last a long time. As time went on the tremors moved into my entire body.

FACIAL PALSY
This is a picture of what the facial palsy looked like for me. I could not keep my face from what felt like a strong force of gravity pulling it down on one side.









NEUROPATHY
Mainly experienced in my arms and back. Wearing clothes was uncomfortable and even the lightest touches would cause a "knee-jerk reaction" to pull away. This also included tingling in my hands at times.

DIZZY & EYES ROLLING BACK
Felt like my head was spinning around causing it very hard to hold my head up. This was often accompanied by my eyes rolling back in my head. First my eyes would blink uncontrollably and then roll back.

UNABLE TO WALK
It's very difficult to walk when you feel off balance. My body would shift to one side making it nearly impossible to stand straight up. A cane became my best friend!

STUTTERING/LOSS OF SPEECH
My speech at times, not always, would become slurred, slow and I would begin to stutter. It was very difficult to get words out. I could almost see them in my mind and yet I could not speak them.

BRAIN FOG
Very difficult to think clearly. Had a hard time formulating or expressing my thoughts.

BURNING FEET
When I was at my worse my feet felt like they were on fire.


No comments:

Post a Comment