Saturday, April 26, 2014

The Fierce Warriors

As I was itching my first tic bite of the year I thought about writing a post entitled "I Hate Tics." Considering I live with Lyme Borreliosis, I could give a thousand reasons for hating tics. Then it occurred to me that there is something I  respect about tics; they are Fierce Warriors.
They are...
Terrific Hiders - They like to hide in dark, warm places of your body such as your armpit, head, or crotch. If you start itching you better make sure you haven't been attacked.
They have...
Ruthless Weapons - Once they bite you they can fill your blood stream with all sorts of bacteria. If you are infected you will feel fatigue and other flu like symptoms.
They don't die easy...
Wounded but not Dead - You may think you have removed the tic but, indeed if you did not use the proper tool their head may still be stuck inside your body. In which case they can still infect your blood.
Just when you think the battle is over...
Leaving Their Mark - If you have been infected by a tic carrying Lyme and you don't catch the symptoms in time you may end up with symptoms that are difficult to diagnosis, treat, and in some cases re-appear. 


No comments:

Post a Comment